It might be time to hire an ad agency to help you with your overall strategy and budget for
marketing and advertising your business. Sounds costly, right? It doesn’t have to be. In fact,
often business owners can spend little more than they already do by working with an ad agency
who can help weed out the wasted efforts and dollars a business can often spend. Here are
some points made by Gary Dahl that may help you decide.
How to Determine Whether You Need to Hire an Ad Agency
By Gary Dahl from Advertising For Dummies, 2nd Edition
Can an ad agency help your business make your advertisements more effective? You should
consider hiring an advertising agency to help with your ads if you’re faced with some of these
– Phone calls from media sales reps are taking up too much of your time.
– You’re simply overwhelmed by the myriad details inherent in producing and placing your
– You no longer have the time, or the energy, to write and produce your advertising yourself.
– Creating and placing your advertising on a regular basis has become a job in itself.
– Your own creative efforts aren’t yielding the results you desire.
– You don’t know whether you’re spending your advertising budget as wisely as you could be.
– The bookkeeping process for media invoices has become too complicated and timeconsuming.
– You finally admit that media invoices are written in a secret code that you’ll never decipher.
– You’re eager to have creative professionals generate fresh, new ideas for your advertising.
– You want to put a team of highly trained specialists to work, with the common goal of growing
– You’d welcome the creative, account service, and media buying expertise that an agency can
– You want to do co-op advertising but don’t want to deal with the co-op hassle.
You don’t need an advertising budget in the millions of dollars.